- The Conclusion of the New Testament, Messages 254-264 provides a thorough view of the New Testament record of the New Jerusalem, its place in the Bible, the meaning of its symbols, and its significance for believers today.
- In God’s New Testament Economy, chapters 26-44, Witness Lee shows that the New Jerusalem is the ultimate consummation of the entire divine revelation in the Scriptures, of the eternal purpose of God, and of the mingling of the Triune God with man, among other things. He then presents the spiritual significance the New Jerusalem’s designations, the basic elements of its structure, and its features, applying all of these symbols to the believers’ experience today.
- Life-study of Revelation, chapters 59-65, first addresses the way to see the vision of the New Jerusalem and then proceeds to look at its designations, its meaning, its features, its furnishings, and its life supply.
Affirmation & Critique (A&C):
The April 2000 issue of A&C
(V:2) includes an excerpt from Watchman Nee’s book The Glorious Church
entitled “The Holy City, New Jerusalem
In it he speaks of the New Jerusalem as “a figure, describing the characteristics and spiritual condition of the corporate Body whom God chose before creation,” and he explains the spiritual significance of many of its features.
Ron Kangas contributed an article titled “The New Jerusalem: The Consummation of the Divine Economy according to the High Peak of the Divine Revelation
to the Fall 2010 issue (XV:2) of A&C
. In it he shows that the New Jerusalem is the consummation of God’s full salvation, which is shown to be a love story resulting in a blissful union for eternity.
Programs 59-65 of the Life-study of the Bible
series of broadcasts on the book of Revelation
present an overview of the New Jerusalem, its significance in Scripture, its designations, its features, and their significance for the living and service of believers today.
- The New Jerusalem: The New Jerusalem is the total expression of God in full for eternity, the totality of all God’s work, and the consummation of the entire Bible. Today we can enjoy the practicality of God’s expression in the church, and in the future we will be in its consummation in the New Jerusalem.
- The New Jerusalem as the Ultimate Consummation of the Mingling Of Divinity with Humanity: The New Jerusalem is a complete picture of the mingling of the Triune God with His redeemed creatures. God is no longer merely God outside of man; now He is within man. The real building of God is not a mansion in heaven but the mingling of Himself with man.
- The Supply of the New Jerusalem Being the Processed and Consummated Triune God: The river of water of life in the New Jerusalem proceeds out from the throne of God and flows in the middle of its street, the tree of life growing on either side. This flowing river and this tree are a picture that God is in Christ as the Spirit to be man’s enjoyment and supply.