- The Basic Revelation in the Holy Scriptures gives a broad view of seven key subjects in the Bible—God’s plan, Christ’s redemption, the Spirit’s application, the believers, the church, the kingdom, and the New Jerusalem.
- Enjoying Christ as the Word and the Spirit through Prayer presents how the believers through prayer can enjoy all the riches of God in Christ, His embodiment, as both the Word of God and the Spirit.
- The Full Knowledge of the Word of God explains the need to know the essence of God’s word as the divine breath, the believers’ spiritual milk, the bread of life, the Spirit and life, and Christ (God Himself), as well as some keys to understanding the Bible and some key truths that have been misunderstood.
- On Knowing the Bible consists of messages given to encourage young believers to read the Bible; it discusses what the Bible is, how it came into being, the subject, central thought, and sections of the Bible, and principles of interpreting the Bible.
Affirmation & Critique (A&C):
“The Error of Making Creeds, Not the Bible, the Rule of Faith
” examines some of the deficiencies of the creeds and the importance of taking the Bible as the unique rule of the believers’ faith and practice.
- The Canon of the Bible: The Bible contains 66 books: 39 in the Old Testament and 27 in the New. It traces man’s history from Adam and the fall to his descendants—all the way to the Lord Jesus Christ. It presents God and His plan, man and his destiny, Christ, the Holy Spirit, the divine life, the believers, the church, the kingdom of God, and the new heaven and new earth.
- Learning to Touch the Spirit and Life in the Bible: The Gospel of John proclaims that “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truthfulness.” As we read to the Bible, we “worship in spirit” not by using our mind to merely understand the words, but by exercising our spirit to touch the Spirit and get the life supply.
- Using our Spirit and our Mental Faculty to Receive the Spirit and Life from the Word of God: By means of all prayer and petition, we receive the word of God as milk for the nourishment of our soul. The words of the Bible are the embodiment of the life-giving Spirit, and we can receive the Spirit in the word by pray-reading.