A Practical Testimony of Oneness
- The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, Volume 30: The Normal Christian Church Life presents New Testament principles, offered through personal testimony of the author’s experience in China, for the practical arrangement of the churches, the ministry, and the work.
- Further Talks on the Church Life strengthens and confirms the pattern presented in The Normal Christian Church Life and testifies to the practice of the church life just before Watchman Nee’s imprisonment for his faith.
- The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, Volume 51: Church Affairs contains a series of messages that show the reality of the church as the Body of Christ as it is practically manifested in the local churches.
- The Testimony and the Ground of the Church explains the testimony and the ground of the church in its inward and outward aspects as the goal of God’s work in time.
- In “God’s Choice—The Definite Ground for the Worship of God” (Deuteronomy, program 13) Witness Lee speaks concerning Moses’ charge to the children of Israel in Deuteronomy concerning the way to worship God, a word for all God’s people to keep the oneness by taking God’s choice.
- “Life’s Prayer (2)” (John, program 43) links the Lord’s prayer for oneness in John 17 with the glorification of the Son that the Son might glorify the Father.
- “The Two Created into One New Man” (Ephesians, program 23) shows that in Christ’s death on the cross, He abolished the law of the commandments in ordinances and created the Jewish and Gentile believers into one new man, which is the highest aspect of the church (Eph. 2:14-15).
- “In Keeping the Oneness of the Spirit” (Ephesians, program 35) Witness Lee expounds on the need to keep the oneness of the Spirit in order to walk worthily of God’s calling and have the proper Body life (Eph. 4:1-3).
- In “The Local Churches” (Revelation, program 7) Witness Lee presents an overview of the entire Bible showing the progressive revelation and manifestation of God. The Bible first speaks of God and then of Christ, the Spirit, the church, and the local churches.
Polemic Writings:The Truth Concerning Exclusivism refutes the accusation that the local churches are exclusive and affirms that the believers in the local churches recognize and receive all genuinely saved ones as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Elliot Miller explains the teaching of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee concerning the proper standing of a local church. Play
- The Local Church Being the Manifestation of the Body of Christ on Earth: The Body of Christ is not only universal; it is also local. Every local church is the manifestation of the Body of Christ in that locality. The church represents the whole Body in a locality. Hence, when we touch the local church, we touch the Body.
- The Need for Establishing Churches: The universal church has already been formed by the Triune God, but where can people see it? The glorious church must be practical and real to people. Local churches are need so that people may see God’s glory. Therefore, local churches must be established all over the inhabited earth for the sake of His testimony.
- No Reason for Division: If we have an expectation that everyone should be the same as we are, it will be impossible to have the church life. The church life must be all-inclusive, able to include all manner of genuine Christians. Concerning secondary matters, we should refrain from expressing our opinion. In this way, the oneness of the believers will be preserved.